Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bon Voyage!!











The time is upon me and I'm strangely calm. Of course I've been running around, preparing, trying to read up to understand this phenomena called the Truth and Reconcillation comission but I am ridiculously unanxious. Okay that's not quite true, I do have to admit to quite a few travel anxiety dreams...I arrive and everything I've packed is totally wrong. I am, I think, ready for this. This trip coming together has been miracle upon miracle...I have no other way to describe it except that I'm loved and supported by an amazing community of brilliant people who inspire and propel me.

We had a party, so many people could not make it, but we had tons of fun with those who did and I definitely got a good send off. It's real, I'm going, stay tuned...next post, South Africa!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, that sangria worked its magic! I made my speech saying my name is graithe!

Hope you have a marvelous time in south africa. I hope we haven't projected too much of our experiences onto you-- you will make cape town your own! Can't wait to read [and then hear and see] your experience!

-you know who this is...